Telaire T8041, T8042 CO2 Duct Mount Transmitter
Telaire is excited to announce the release of a new generation of Telaire CO2 transmitters targeting indoor air quality and energy conservation applications.
The Ventostat® T8041 duct mount CO2 transmitter offers accuracy and versatility at an affordable price. This exceptional product line touts an unobtrusive form factor that is easy to install, simple to use, and remains accurate over the expected life of the device using Telaire’s patented ABC Logic™ (Automatic Background Calibration) technology.
• Simple installation (mounting hardware and instructions included)
• Ideally suited for larger HVAC return air ducts
• Offers standard 0-10 volt output Patented absorption infrared/gas sensing engine provides high accuracy in a compact low-cost package
• Patented ABC Logic™ self-calibration system eliminates the need for manual calibration in most applications
• Gas permeable, water resistant diffusion filter prevents particulate and water contamination of the sensor
• Lifetime calibration guarantee
• Two probe lengths avaliable
CO2 transmitters can be used in a broad range of applications including air quality monitoring in buildings.
CO2 concentration levels in buildings are monitored to provide an indication of occupancy and to drive a ventilation control strategy. An effective DCV (Demand Controlled Ventilation) strategy will conserve energy and maintain indoor air quality.
0-2000 PPM factory calibrated
Duct Air Velocity
0 to 1500 ft/min (0 to 450 meter/min)
0.2% of full scale per ºC
<2% of full scale over the life of the sensor (10 years typical)
±40 ppm +3% of reading @ 22ºC (72ºF) when compared with a factory certified reference
<1% of full scale @ 22ºC (72ºF)
0.13% of reading per mm of mercury
Sensors will be calibrated at zero and span at the factory. Calibration in the field will not be required. Sensors will be shipped with ABC Logic™ turned on.
Three minutes typical for a 90% step change at low duct speeds
Every two seconds, 25% duty cycle
< two minutes (operational); 10 minutes to achieve maximum accuracy
• Temperature: 0ºC to 50ºC (32ºF to 122ºF)
• Humidity: 0 to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
-20ºC to 70ºC (-40ºF to 158ºF)
Analog 0 to 10 VDC (100 ohm output impedance)
Power Supply Requirements
18 to 30 VAC RMS, 50/60 Hz or 18 to 42 VDC, polarity protected
Typical values (1.65 watts peak, 0.65 watts avg. @ 42 VDC)
*Note: The Telaire product line offers patented ABC Logic™ software for self-correction of drift to better than ±20 ppm per year. The system is virtually free of maintenance and typically has than 10 years.
Probe Length: T8041 4.12 in (10.46 cm) T8042 8.00 in (20.32 cm)
Probe Diam: 1.24 in (3.14 cm)
Junction Box Depth: 1.6 in (4.06 cm)
Height: 3 in square approximately (7.62 cm)
Color: Grey (6Y6275)
Flammability Classification: 94-5VA