Telaire Range of CO2 Sensors for Harsh Environments
The T3000 series is a range of sensors designed to meet the specific needs of customers who require measuring Carbon Dioxide in harsh or difficult environments. Based on a series of modules the casing offers a number of combinations to meet the needs of range, supply voltage, and output type in a range of applications. Example applications include incubators, buses, refrigerators, subway stations, and railway carriages
- Accurate carbon dioxide transmitter for HVAC control applications
- Easy mount with 2 external tabs.
- Rated up to IP67 (build dependent)
- Available with potting
- Different calibrations available up to 20% CO2 concentration
- Analogue or digital output options
- Non-Dispersive Infra-Red measuring technology
- Sensors are shipped factory calibrated
- Accuracy for 10 year life
- Extended operating temperature range
- Sensing Method
- Non-Dispersive Infra-Red (NDIR), single or dual wavelength.
- Power Supply Requirements
- 15 – 15Vdc ±10%
24 - 18-30 VAC RMS, 50/60 Hz, or 18 to 42 VDC, polarity protected
- Power Consumption
- Typical 0.7 W at nominal voltage of 24V AC RMS
- See Ordering Information for calibrated ranges
- Minimum 10bit or analog equivalent
(0~2,000 ppm as example)
- 400-1250 ppm ±30 ppm or 3% of reading, whichever is greater*,**
- 1250-2000 ppm ±5% of reading + 30ppm *, **
- 75 ppm or 10% of reading (whichever is greater)
±5% of reading or ±0,3 vol% CO2 (whichever is larger) at 0 - 20 vol% CO2 and 0°C to +25°C, At 25°C to 50°C additional ±0,1% of reading or ±0,01 vol% CO2 (whichever is larger) per degree C.
- *Tolerance based on span gas of ±2%
** ABC Logic not deactivated
- Temperature Dependence
- 0.2% FS / °C
- Response time, tau (63%)
- < 200 sec
- Aging (Dual Wavelength only)
- +/- 5% of reading annual drift.
Less than +/- 25% of reading within product life time.
- Recommended Recalibration Interval
- Single Wavelength – no calibration required Dual Wavelength - 1 year
- Working Temperature
- 0° to +50°C (measures within tolerance)
- Operation Temperature
(Sensor Is Powered)
- -30° to +50°C
- Storage Temperature
- -40° to +70°C
- Minimum Lifetime
- 10 years or 30000 operating hours
- Flammability Classification
- To UL94 5VA (dependent upon build)
- RH Range
- 0% to 99% RH (non-condensing)
- Atmospheric Conditions
Sensors have been designed and tested to the following, however, not all models are as capable; please discuss your application with Telaire.
- Marine, salt mist and particles present
- 02 level 0-21 vol%
- 0 to 100% RH.
- Ammonium max 200mg/m3
- S02 max 0,5 vol%
- Ethylene max 500ppm vol
- IP Class
- Up to IP67, dust tight and immersion to 1m. Optional potting
Discuss your requirement with Telaire.
- Modbus over RS485
- 0 to 5 V
- 0 to 10 V
- 4 to 20mA
*Digital to Analogue Error ±1%
Carbon Dioxide ABC Logic™ Self Calibration
The single wavelength sensors employ the patented ABC (Automatic Background Calibration) Logic selfcalibration system. ABC Logic virtually eliminates the need for manual calibration in applications where the indoor CO2 level drops to outside levels during unoccupied periods (e.g. during evening hours). ABC Logic is a special software routine in the sensor that remembers the background readings for 14 consecutive evenings, calculates if there is a sensor drift, and then corrects for it.
With ABC Logic enabled, the sensor will typically reach its operational accuracy after 25 hours of continuous operation at a condition that is exposed to ambient reference levels. Sensors will maintain accuracy specifications with ABC Logic enabled, given that it is at least three times in 14 days exposed to the reference value and this reference value is the lowest concentration to which the sensor is exposed.
Note: Applies when used in typical indoor ambient air. Consult Telaire if other gases or corrosive agents are part of the application environment.
CO2 Calibration Guarantee
Telaire is serious about minimizing maintenance, so each single-wavelength sensor comes with a lifetime calibration guarantee. And each dual wavelength sensor has a two-year calibration guarantee.