Advanced Sensors HQ
St Marys, PA
Sunday, 03 February 2019
Friday, 21 December 2018
Amphenol Advanced Sensors – St. Mary’s PA
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a successful, growing FORTUNE 500 COMPANY!
Opportunity is waiting for you! Join our global engineering team as a new product development Design Engineer you will be responsible for the development of mechanical, electrical, firmware or software designs in support of customer driven opportunities.
- Project team member for design activities as part of New Product Introduction (NPI) teams and/or Custom Product Opportunities (CPO) that will include the following
- Developing Concepts, Designs and executing Production validation
- Leading Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Collaborating on Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Ensuring Technical Regulations & Standards are met … REACH, ROHS and IMDS
- Resolving Quality issues … utilizing problem solving methodology and root cause analysis techniques
- Timeliness … deliver expected results on time
- Cost … deliver cost effective solutions, execute cost out activities on existing product
- Safety … deliver safe products and processes while working in safe manner
- Benchmarking … executing competitive product analysis
- Partnering with customers to expedite idea-to-sample-to-specification position
- Engineering support on installed base of product across various customers
- Provide manufacturing/production support
- Work with field application engineers to support the product with our customers
- Setting up and executing tests in an engineering lab environment
- Become an integral member of a dynamic team that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Analog and digital circuit design experience
- Demonstrated experience with simulation modeling tools like MatLab, ANSYS or other
- Demonstrated experience with tools needed for bench testing electrical circuits
- 5+ years of engineering experience within product development/custom product engineering.
- Experience with APQP, FMEA's, Control Plans
- Experience working within a structured new product development process (design reviews, tollgates, peer reviews)
- Design for Six Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to manage project tasks on time and on budget, teamworking
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to be agile and adaptable as situations warrant.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a competitive salary along with a benefit package of health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life and 401k w/match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity