The NovaSensor P883 Medium Pressure Silicon Sensor Die is a general purpose silicon piezoresistive pressure sensing element that utilizes our patented SenStable® process for superior device stability, and is particularly well suited for high volume applications for which cost is paramount. The P883 can optionally utilize a bonded-glass pedestal that provides both thermal and die-attach stress isolation.
- Highly reliable, solid state
- Available in absolute or gage (differential)
- Available with varying glass thickness or no glass at all (consult GE for more information)
- Designed to be temperature compensated using constant current or voltage
- NovaSensor’s proprietary SenStable® process produces excellent long-term stability
The P883 utilizes four matched valued piezoresistors in a wheat stone bridge circuit. When excited (1.0 mA, DC), the P883 produces a differential millivolt output signal that is directly proportional to the pressure applied. Available as gage (differential) or absolute, the P883 is also designed for reduced temperature hysteresis over a wide temperature range. All die are visually inspected and are electrically probed to verify zero offset. Samples from each wafer are tested for sensitivity, linearity and temperature coefficients.