Nova Sensor NPI-12 Series
Stainless Steel Media Isolated Sensors
The NovaSensor NPI-12 Series of Stainless Steel Media Isolated Sensors provide a cost effective solution for applications that detect tube blockages and pump performance. The NPI-12 Series is intended to mount adjacent to flexible tubing to sense tube expansion. Cleanliness is assured with the NPI-12 Series stainless steel finish.
The NPI-12 Series incorporates state-of-the-art IsoSensor technology, which gives the OEM user the best in price and performance. They are designed to operate in hostile environments while providing outstanding sensitivity, linearity and hysteresis. The piezoresistive sensor chip is housed in a fluid filled cavity and isolated from the measured media by a stainless steel diaphragm and body. As with many NovaSensor® silicon sensors, the NPI-12 Series employs SenStable® processing technology, which provides excellent output stability.
The NPI-12 Series offers many features with superior performance. The pressure sensitivity is calibrated at 0.20±0.01 mV/V/psi. The combined errors of linearity, pressure hysteresis, repeatability and temperature are less than ±4 %FSO. The maximum overpressure is 50 psi (3.44 bar). A five volt excitation is needed to supply power to the device. The operating temperature range for the NPI-12 Series is 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C), while the storage temperature is -40°F to 158°F (–40°C to 70°C). Electrical connection is accomplished with a 4 pin connector that accepts standard 0.025 in (0.64 mm) square posts on 0.100 in (2.54 mm) centers. A red wire allows for easy recognition of connector orientation.
- Level sensing
- Automotive systems
- Process control
- Pneumatic controls
- Hydraulic systems
- Solid state, high reliability
- Standard TO-8 package suitable for PC board mount
- Low cost, small size
- Available in gauge, absolute, and differential pressure versions
- Media compatible with non-corrosive gases and dry air
- Thermal accuracy FSO 0.5% typical
- Overpressure capability to five times maximum rated pressure
- Three standard ranges: 0 to 10 inH2O (0 to 25 mbar), 0 to 1 psi (0 to 0.06 bar), and 0 to 5 psi (0 to 0.34 bar)
- Nonlinearity 0.05% FSO typical
- Standard 3/16 in OD pressure port
- Ceramic substrate with temperature compensation resistors
|Operating Temperature Range||50 to 104||°F||(10°C to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40 to 158 (Dry)||°F||(-40°C to 70°C)|
|Media Compatibility||316L Stainless Steel|
|Diaphragm Dome Height1||0.000 to 0.008||in||(0.000mm to 0.20 mm)|
|Zero Pressure Output||5||±%FSO|
|Linearity, Hysteresis, Temperature Errors||4.0||±%FSO||3|
|Response Time (10% to 90%)||1.0||ms||4|
- Maximum change in diaphragm height relative to the edge of the sensor.
- Supply current = 5 VDC and ambient temperature = 77°F (25°C), unless otherwise noted.
- Best fit straight line.
- For a zero-to-full scale pressure step change.
Nova Sensor NPI-12 Series | Stainless Steel Media Isolated Sensors - Product Datasheet
NovaSensor Application Spotlight | MEMS Pressure Sensor Solutions for Industrial Applications - Application Spotlight
Amphenol Advanced Sensors | Connecting Your World Through Sensing Innovations - OEM Product Catalog
|NPI-12-101GH||15psi (1.03 bar)|