The NovaSensor NPH Series of Solid State Medium Pressure Sensors offer reliability at a low cost and small size. They are available in gauge, absolute and differential pressure versions. The NPH Standard TO-8 package is suitable for PC board mount. They are also compatible with non-corrosive gases and dry air.
- Solid state, high reliability
- Standard TO-8 package suitable for PC board mount
- Low cost, small size
- Available in gauge, absolute, and differential pressure versions
- Media compatible with non-corrosive gases and dry air
- Typical FSO 100 mV @ 1.5 mA
- Thermal accuracy FSO 0.4% typical
- Overpressure capability to five times maximum rated pressure
- Three standard ranges: 15, 30 and 100 psi (1, 2 and 7 bar)
- Nonlinearity 0.05% FSO typical
- Standard 3/16 in OD pressure port
- Ceramic substrate with temperature compensation resistors
An integrated circuit silicon sensor chip is housed in a standard TO-8 electrical package that is printed circuit board mountable.The latest techniques in micromachining have been used to ion-implant piezoresistive strain gauges into a wheatstone bridge configuration that is integrally formed on a micromachined silicon diaphragm. As with all NovaSensor silicon sensors, the NPH Series employs SenStable® processing technology, providing excellent output stability. Constant current excitation to the sensor produces a voltage output that is linearly proportional to the input pressure.
The user can provide standard signal conditioning circuitry to amplify the 100 mV output signal. The sensor is compatible with most non-corrosive gases and dry air. A laser-trimmed, thick-film resistor network on a hybrid ceramic substrate provides temperature compensation.