Classroom CO2 Monitoring for Energy Efficiency Stimulus
As of January 1, 2021, the State of California has enacted an Energy Efficiency Stimulus Program for schools using Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Sensors in classrooms.
Assembly Bill No. 841 – Chapter 372 –Section 1625
Energy Efficiency Programs: School Energy Efficiency Stimulus Program
(a) To ensure proper ventilation is maintained throughout the school year, ALL classrooms shall be equipped with a carbon dioxide monitor that meets all of the following requirements:
- The monitor is hard-wired or plugged-in and mounted to the wall between three and six feet above the floor and at least five feet away from the door and operable windows.
- The monitor displays the carbon dioxide reading to the teacher through a display on the device or other means such as a web-based application or cellular phone application.
- The monitor provides a notification through a visual indicator on the monitor, such as an indicator light, or other alert system, such as an electronic mail, text, or cellular telephone application, when the carbon dioxide levels in the classroom have exceeded 1,100 ppm.
- The monitor maintains a record of previous data that includes at least the maximum carbon dioxide concentration measured.
- The monitor has a range of 400 ppm to 2,000 ppm or greater.
- The monitor is certified by the manufacturer to be accurate within 75 ppm at 1,000 ppm carbon dioxide concentration and is certified by the manufacturer to require calibration no more frequently that once every five years.
|OEM Solutions||Transmitter Solutions|
|T6613 Single-Channel||T6713 Single-Channel||T8100-D Ventostat||T5100-LED Airestat|
|NOTE: Transmitter Solutions must be connected to contractor-furnished and installed Temperature Control System in order to meet code requirements.|
Amphenol Advanced Sensors, with its portfolio of industry-leading brands - Thermometrics, NovaSensor, Telaire, Protimeter and Kaye - is atrusted OEM partner providing temperature, pressure, CO2, humidity, and dust sensor solutions to providers in HVAC, automotive, industrial, and healthcare markets.
Telaire has been at the forefront of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) sensing technology for 30+ years as the originator of the maintenance free CO2 infrared sensor. Telaire continues to lead the way in innovation with over 35 technology patents, including ABC Logic™ and warrants single-wavelength sensor calibration for the life of the sensor. Telaire offers a complete line of CO2 sensors for a wide range of applications. These can be viewed at www.telaire.com.