Surgical Temperature Sensors
Surgical and anesthesia effects on hermoregulation by the human body increase the need for temperature monitoring during these critical procedures. Common examples include measuring temperature of the myocardium during open-heart surgery, cells during laser ablation, or the laser surgery instrument itself for improved performance and patient comfort.
Surgical Temperature Sensors: How do we help?
Amphenol Advanced Sensors carries an extensive line of miniature chip-in-glass or sleeved chip thermistors and surgical sensors with fine-diameter wires for insertion into hypodermic needles for myocardial surgeries and external attachment to metal lumens used during laser surgery. Our Types SC, MA, and A040 interchangeable NTC chip thermistors are designed with small packages for rapid response while maintaining superior accuracy. Amphenol Advanced Sensors can incorporate these NTC thermistors and medical temperature sensors into customer-specific designs, providing a robust construction and ensuring long life in harsh clinical environments. This combination allows the assembly to achieve an accurate temperature, delivering critical diagnostic information.
What makes us better?
In addition to our catalog offerings, Amphenol Advanced Sensors prides itself in our ability to customize a unique solution for each customer. Our attention to thermodynamic properties in the assembly design is critical for matching a customer’s measurement protocol. Whether providing a NTC thermistor, sub-assembly, or fully completed device, our team is ready to partner with you.
Application Example: Cosmetic Laser Surgery
- Laser inserted under skin uses heat to release the fiber spans that pull down on the skin creating a smoother look.
- The thermistor feedbacks temperature to adjust the laser energy for a more efficient procedure and patient comfort.
NTC Thermistor Product Offerings for Surgical Assemblies:
Type GC Series
- Product prefix: GC
- Nom OD: 0.011” / 0.014” / 0.016” / 0.032”
- Resistance range at 25°C: 1K to 200K ohm
- 14K ohm at 37°C “catheter” curve available
- Hermetically sealed in glass
- Type AB style assembly compatible
Type SC Series
- Product prefix: SC
- Max OD: 0.032” / 0.050”
- Resistance range at 25°C: 2252 (400 Series) to 50K ohm
- ±0.05°C from 35°C to 39°C (A tolerance)
- ±0.1°C from 0°C to 70°C (V tolerance)
- ±0.2°C from 0°C to 70°C (W tolerance)
- Insulated leads
Type A040 Series
- Product prefix: A040
- Max OD: 0.020 in.
- Resistance at 25°C: 2252 ohm (400 Series) and 10K ohm
- Interchangeability: ±0.2°C from 10°C to 40°C
- Insulated leads
Amphenol medical sensors can be custom designed to meet the exact specifications and demands of application. Speak with one of our engineers today about your sensor technology needs:
Take this Page With You
Download a PDF of this page’s information. Fill out the form below: